Washington Academy believes that finding a secondary school that is the “right fit” is one of the most important educational decisions students and parents will make. WA carefully reviews the academic background of and references from each applicant to ensure that their academic programs and extracurricular activities will benefit them. Washington Academy will notify each applicant as soon as all of the students’ application materials have been received and reviewed.
- Application. We also accept the Standard Application Online.
- Interview (Please call to schedule an appointment. International applicants may schedule a Skype interview.)
- Official school transcript and current-year grades
- Recommendations from Math and English teachers; one from school counselor
- English proficiency test scores (IELTS, SLATE, TOEFL, JR. TOEFL)
- A small photo album (at least five photos) or an art portfolio showing your family, hobbies, or other things of importance to you
- Copy of your passport identification page with photo
- Copy of your visa or I-20 form, if you are currently studying in the USA
- Financial documents, if applicable
- $50 application fee
Please mail the application and materials to:
Brittany Gatcomb, Director of Admissions
P.O. Box 190
East Machias, ME 04630
Washington Academy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, sexual preference, ethnicity, disability, or religion in its admission process. Washington Academy is a US State Department designated F-1 program.
Accepting students in grades 9-12 and those interested in a post-graduate year. For English language learners, we will accept all English proficiency test scores.