2019 Washington Academy Trustee Awards – Nominate Someone Today!
Each year the Washington Academy Board of Trustees honor those who have made a difference in the community. Nominations are now being accepted for the following awards:
- Trustee Distinguished Educator of the Year
- Trustee Distinguished Community Service Person of the Year
The criteria for these awards is as follows:
These awards are for the purpose of honoring those alumni and friends of Washington Academy who, by their accomplishments, service and/or support, have made extraordinary contributions to the community in the field of education and community involvement.
For the Distinguished Educator of the Year Award, candidates must have retired from the field of education for a minimum of five years prior to nomination and have:
1. Demonstrated excellence in teaching
2. Demonstrated involvement with students, staff, and parents in and out of the classroom
3. Demonstrated leadership within the profession
For the Distinguished Community Service Person of the Year Award, candidates must be or have been actively involved within the different communities throughout Washington County and have:
1. Demonstrated leadership within Washington County communities
2. Demonstrated involvement within organizations throughout Washington County
Click on the links below for:
This year's recipients will be honored at the Trustee Tea on August 3, 2019. Nominations need to be returned by April 1st, 2019. They may be submitted to:
Washington Academy, P.O. Box 190, East Machias, ME 04630