Washington Academy is an independent secondary school committed to the success of each of our local, national, and international students. Offering a comprehensive program of academics, athletics, and the arts, we strive to create opportunities that will equip students socially and intellectually for their future endeavors and prepare them to become productive members of society.
1. The Individual Student. We know, respect, and support each student.
2. Dedicated and Diverse Faculty. We bring teachers and students together in relationships that challenge, inspire, and nurture each student's intellect, confidence, and determination.
3. Standards of Excellence. We challenge students to strive for their personal best in every pursuit, take risks, and persevere.
4. Progressive Culture. We promote curiosity, open-minded exploration, out-of-the-box critical thinking, while building on tradition and pride.
5. The Whole Person. We believe that the complete development of each student requires intensive experiences in academics, athletics, arts, community life, and the natural world.
6. The Whole World. We prepare students for successful and responsible global citizenship.